Acrylic Full Set & Fills
One of the most popular choices at our salon, Legacy Salons & Day Spa acrylic nail applications are blended from a mixture of both liquid and powder that creates a durable and protective layer for your natural nails. Acrylic nails immediately harden when exposed to air resulting in the perfect base for the nail color of your choice. One aspect that our clients should be aware of is that upkeep is required at approximately three weeks following the initial application. Consult with our experienced nail technicians to determine which method is best for you.
Benefits of Acrylic nails
Durable; more affordable; easily removed.
Consistent maintenance - Clients are advised to take an occasional break from acrylic nail applications to allow your real nails to breath and grow naturally.
Legacy Salons & Day Spa Gel Nail Applications
Nail gels are brushed onto your natural nails and are then dried under UV lights for several minutes to harden and cure the product. More resistant to smudging and chipping than other nail applications, maintaining your gel manicure requires filling in after about two to three weeks.
Benefits of Gel Nails
More natural and glossy look; more eco-friendly.
Removal requires pure acetone which can dry skin without adequate moisturizing.
Legacy Salons & Day Spa nail technicians offer enhancements that:
- Offer superior strength and durability
- Include corrective nail services for specialized needs
- Provide a customized French manicure appearance
- Can be adapted to include a wide range of personalized nail art
Choosing Between Gel Nails or Acrylic Nails
Whether you opt for gel or acrylic nail applications, Legacy Salons & Day Spa nail technicians are certified to provide either method to lengthen and strengthen nails and that ensures a sleek and elegant look. Contact a nail expert to discuss your options
Nail Services include
- Full Set of Gel
- Fill - in Gel
- Full Set Acrylic
- Fill - in Acrylic
- French tips (add on)
- Gel Polish
Quick tips and facts about acrylic nail from our Legacy Salons & Day Spa experts.
- Don't bandage or try to repair a damaged nail yourself. See a professional promptly to avoid issues.
- Acrylic nail enhancements do not damage your natural nails. Proper care and application from a nail expert ensures that your nails remain healthy following extensions.
- Gel and Acrylic nail applications do not penetrate the skin. Products are applied to the surface of the nail only.
- Your nails continue to grow naturally following an acrylic extension.
- Ask your nail technician for advice on how to care for your nails between visits. Legacy Salons & Day Spa nail technicians offer practical suggestions and free consultations with every appointment.
A Brief History of the Acrylic Nail
Methods for extending nail length have been around for centuries. Long nails were considered to be a sign of superior social status in China and Ancient Egypt where nail enhancements were created from natural materials such as ivory, bone and gold. Continuously developed through the ages, the nail extension, as we know it today, was originally invented in 1954 by Idaho dentist Frank Slack who was looking for a remedy to repair his own broken nail. Using the same acrylic materials used to rebuild teeth, his developments eventually evolved into the mehods used for acrylic nail extensions in use today.